Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Up To My Old Tricks

I wanted to look for a gift in the Constitution Museum store after visiting my parents this afternoon. I got distracted by the view of the sun setting behind the ship. As I was wandering over near there, I bumped into a guy I met at the Sunset Parade.

After exchanging pleasantries I asked what he was in the neighborhood for. Turns out he was there for a retirement being held on Old Ironsides.

You know me..............I wheedled my way aboard! He called CDR Bullard and left him voice mail that he had "Bumped into BostonMaggie...hanging around the shipyard again!" LOL That sounds nice, doesn't it?

Anyway, it's late and this head cold is kicking my ass, so I will have to post the details tomorrow. I just wanted to note I had a really great night and point out that some of the best stuff, just falls into your lap when you're not looking.

1 comment:

Thus Spake Ortner said...

Growing up in Mass, my favorite thing every year was going to see Bunker Hill (loved the surround a movie thing), the aquarium (mom took me to see Andre every year) and Old Ironsides. Always hated the navy, water and everything to do with it, but miss seeing old ironsides.