Saturday, September 27, 2008

I've Got A Bracelet Too

Obama - "Jim, let me just make a point. I've got a bracelet, too, from Sergeant - from the mother of Sergeant Ryan David Jopeck, sure another mother is not going through what I'm going through."

What the eff?????

Mary Katherine directs us to Michelle for video.

I don't know that Obama actually looks at the bracelet for the name, but it definitely looks bad for him to stumble calling to mind Sgt. Jopeck's name. If the guy's name is on your wrist 24/7, how do you hesitate that way?

Anyway, it's just after this McCain comes back and zings Obama over the lack of committee hearings on Afghanistan. Took a while........

MCCAIN: You might think that with that kind of concern that Senator Obama would have gone to Afghanistan, particularly given his responsibilities as a subcommittee chairman. By the way, when I'm subcommittee chairman, we take up the issues under my subcommittee. But the important thing is -- the important thing is I visited Afghanistan and I traveled to Waziristan and I traveled to these places and I know what our security requirements are. I know what our needs are. So the point is that we will prevail in Afghanistan, but we need the new strategy and we need it to succeed.

No comments: