Thursday, September 18, 2008

That ConcreteBob!!

Another Milblog trip......another instance where ConcreteBob torments me in my fashionable sandals.

Last year, after our tour of Congress, Bob took us out the wrong door and we had to walk a great distance. And I don't mean saunter, I mean march. Eventually I gave up, took off the shoes and walked barefoot.

Tonight I put on my new lovely sandals and take a cab down to his hotel. He is here for work and he and his cohort are in the bar. I join them.

Then it was time to meet the Master and Mistress of Argghhh!!! for dinner. They are staying at the Excalibur, which looks like a castle...very appropriate.

Bob. Made. Me. Walk.

I have a blister!!!! That never happens to me. We got past Bally and I had to take the shoes off and be barefoot for the rest of the evening. I have probably caught some horrid disease walking barefoot.

We had dinner at the Irish Pub in New York, New York. The food and the company were excellent. I didn't invade John's personal space and I got a present.

Great evening.

2 comments:

elle said...

I lived in Vegas 1996-97. You mean to tell me you walked from the Strat to Excalibur?! That's pretty friggin far, even if you had sneakers on.

David M said...

Maggie,

The wife and I walked that route three times! I'm guessing it had something to do with the sun and beer.

Of course..today...I'm finally recovering.