Wednesday, April 01, 2009

From My Email

Thanks George!

A US Congressman was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when the Congressman turned to her and said, 'Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.'

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?".

'Oh, I don't know,' said the stranger. 'How about the banking crisis?' and he smiles.

"OK, " she said. 'That could be an interesting and timely topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'

The Congressman, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, ''Hmmm, I have no idea.''

To which the little girl replies, ''Do you really feel qualified to discuss banking when you don't know shit?"

1 comment:

Stella by Starlight said...

Eminently stealable. Thanks for a good laugh after a 10-hour day. I needed that.