Monday, April 06, 2009

This Isn't Fair

I have a head cold. That's not a big deal. But today, I am supposed to get the stupid Aredia. I have held them at bay with this nonsense since the horrid experience with Zometa just before New Year's Eve. But they have been so cooperative in not trying cripple me with more chemo, I have in on this.

I got back to work on Thursday and was talking about the Aredia and someone, I can't remember who said "Well make sure you don't have a cold when you do it."

And now I do. If I remember who that was they are in trouble.

Of course, it had to happen. Now that I am off chemo, it is obvious that every time I go to a doctors office I get a little bug.

The Air Force pointed out that elementary schools full of germy little kids are more a petri dish than hospitals and I laughed "Who is going to let me near their kids?" He agreed I had a point.

Anyway, now I worry that the head cold will be exacerbated by the Aredia. I have nothing to base that on short of how sick I got New Year's Eve because I had a head cold that day too.

Oh well, orange juice and soup are the order of the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you, Maggie. You might seem soft on the outside, but I know you to have an iron will. I haven't been by for quite awhile, but that doesn't mean you aren't in my prayers.

Anything that I can ever do to help, all you have to do is ask.

AW1 Tim

Mike Lambert said...

Hope you get better real soon. All the best.

Mike

SK said...

Well crap. All I can say is..rest up, take care of yourself, and give 'em hell! ((Hugs))

Stella by Starlight said...

Ah, the joys of chemo and the loss of white blood cells. So sorry.

Everything Tim said goes the same for me. I know you'll feel great soon and enjoy your well-deserved, three-month respite.

Hope you feel better soon.