Saturday, April 04, 2009

My Birthday Gift From Gracie

I took a few pics to share, but you know they were all shaky and blurry. So I brought it into work and Rachael took some for me.As one might guess, a Navy girl who lives 800 feet from the Atlantic Ocean likes a beach theme.Rachael was so impressed with this that she made sure to take a pic of the border so people who are crafty could appreciate Grace's mad skills. When I saw what she had embroidered on the back - "I love you once, I love you twice, I love you more than Coke & ice" I got the tiniest bit verklempt. When Tommy was a baby I read or heard a rhyme somewhere "I love you once, I love you twice, I love you more than beans & rice". I thought that was ridiculous! What don't I love more than beans and rice? It must have been some southern thing, lol. Anyway, I changed it to something more meaningful. Now Coke & ice..........there's something to love. Picture a perfect summer day relaxing in the yard with a nice glass of Coke & ice.....mmmmmm.

So you would know you were important if I loved you more than that! I said it to both my babies, all of Grace's babies and Frankie's babies too.

Thank you Gracie. it's perfect.

1 comment:

Juliette said...

Thanks for sharing the pics.! I really like your birthday gift. Its sooo beautiful.