Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And Another Thing! You People Got Me In Trouble.

My sister Grace called during dinner. I told her I was having dinner with Les. "Hi Les!" says Grace. "Hi Grace" says Les.

Grace says "I won't keep you. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Mum's mad at you."

How can this be?????????

I have cancer.

Isn't this like a "Get out of jail free" card?

It seems my mother got a phone call from my cousin Kathy. She wanted to know what was wrong with me......she read it on the blog. My mother called Grace and said "Is this on the blog???"

Grace laughed and said yes, it was all over the blog. My mother, as you know, doesn't believe in the Internet, so she doesn't let it in the house. Therefore she doesn't read the blog. Grace reads it very sporadically (and wasn't very happy with how she was recently protrayed). Jen reads it when I send her a link to something that will interest her. Otherwise she only comes out to leave messages for SB.

Do I actually need to write the words - What happens on the blog....stays on the blog!!!!

Geez! Don't tell my Mum!

2 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

Boston Maggie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. Just to let you know, I'm a cancer survivor of seven years. I will pray for your health and strength. I have been always struck positively by your courage and ability to express your beliefs.

Someone once told me courage is cure and cancer is counsel. I took comfort from those words and hope they do the same for you.

Take care, Maggie.

BostonMaggie said...

Thanks Stella!