Thursday, July 31, 2008

What Amazon Thinks Of Me

So, I am ordering a book to take with me on my "la-la-la!" and when you sign into Amazon they give you recommendations.

Today I got
Stephen King's "The Dead Zone" - which I already have and love, although "The Stand" is my favorite
"Inside the Not So Big House" - good choice, the house is only 900 square feet and every bit is jammed with stuff.
"The Craft of Intelligence" by Allen J. Dulles. No comment

They've got my number.....hopefully they are not passing it on the McLeans.

5 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

The Stand is my favorite, too, Maggie. Have you read the extended version? The book filled in a lot of details from the original about Frannie, Randall Flagg, and the other characters.

I'm an ex-English major. A book I loved was the Short Stories of Nathaniel Hawthorne, which are nothing like his novels. Great reading.

Your trip sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy yourself. So few civilians ever get such an amazing opportunity. Take care, Ms. Maggie.

BostonMaggie said...

LOL! Hey! Help! I'm being held prisoner by Google!

My blog is locked for posting while Google investigates me.

I'll have new content up as soon as they clear me.

Anonymous said...

You may be unlocked -- either that or I'm getting here through the usual Iraqi Time Warp...

BostonMaggie said...

I am locked for editing and posting. My content is still up until a human at Google reviews me. That person will decide if I should be unlocked or deleted. I think I am pretty safe on that front......no one can look at this nonsense and think I am spam.....ridiculous, but not spam.

Galrahn said...

You better have got that book we discussed. You have a date with secret success, I can feel it!