Thursday, July 24, 2008

Supporting a Friend I Haven't Met Yet

****UPDATE*****07/25/08 @ 2010 The scoop on making a donation
****UPDATE*****An update on the legal aspects of the case****
At the super secret Navy place where I can hang but not post, I have read and enjoyed and learned from Swosanity. Now, he needs a hand. His fellow Sailors and we in the extended Navy blogosphere want to step up and offer what help we can.

Police: Double-shooting may be 'domestic situation'
BY MIKE HOLTZCLAW
9:02 AM EDT, July 21, 2008

VIRGINIA BEACH - A double-shooting last week at a home in Virginia Beach could have stemmed from a "domestic situation" between the husband and wife who were seriously injured, police say.
Jacob and Kendra Johnson were found shot in their home on Springbreeze Court on Friday morning.
A relative had come to check on them after being unable to contact them for several days, and he found the two adults suffering from gunshot wounds and their two children - ages 2 and 4 - unharmed in a bedroom. Police spokesman Jimmy Barnes said detectives have not yet determined when the two people were shot.
Both gunshot victims are at Sentara VIrginia Beach General Hospital. A hospital spokesman said Jacob Johnson has been upgraded to serious condition, but Kendra Johnson remains in critical condition.
The children are in the care of a family member.
******************************
Swosanity is Kendra's father.

Kendra's injuries are very serious. She will be blind and paralyzed. There is a long road ahead for her and her family. Right now there are basically two things most of us can do to help - pray for Kendra and those who love her...........and donate money to help defray what will most certainly be enormous medical expenses.

Right now donations may be made through the Navy Federal Credit Union. You may go directly to a branch or wire money to the account. The savings account is named "Kendra Johnson Fund" and if you go in person you can make a deposit into the account by name. For wire transfers, the account number is 3014797462. NFCU routing # is 2560-7497-4.

There will be a way to donate via paypal soon and I will update this as soon as I have the info.

For now, give what you can. Remember the family in your prayers.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

CAPT SWOSANITY, his daughter and his family will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

You know they have my prayers. I'll work on the cash issue.

Anonymous said...

There is now a paypal account on the other forum you may want to post here.

BostonMaggie said...

Yes, I know but I am technicapped and I am waiting for someone to send me the "Donate Button for Dummies" instructions. I will have it here soon.

Unknown said...

Swosanity said:

Boston Maggie and all, thank you for your concern and support. Kendra opened her eyes two days ago and just yesterday gave us a thumbs up. Awesome indeed.

She is struggling and trying to win this fight. We are in need of many prayers for my daughter because she is a very special person.

She is a dedicated nurse who was called to service to help the sick. This is what she wanted to do. What happened to her at the age of 21 is just wrong. Maggie documented it as it happened and we are so sad to tell this story.

Again, my family thanks you for your concern.

BostonMaggie said...

It is my honor sir.

V/R Maggie

Anonymous said...

Maggie,

You rock. Thanks for helping us come to SWOSANITY's aid.

BostonMaggie said...

"C-Town"??? That's old school baby. Welcome aboard my fellow Townie.

Anonymous said...

I went to school with Kendra's brother Robyn. I will keep Kendra and her family in my prayers. I will send money also.

Anonymous said...

I work at Sentara Virginia Beach Hospital in the lab. I remember when I received her and her husband's blood work. I immediately began to pray for them especially Kendra when I found out what happened. Today, I found out we graduated from the same university and I went to Salem High School. Ever since the day she came in the hospital, not a day goes by that I do not pray for her. Every time I receive a specimen with her name, I always say a quick prayer to God. I believe in the power of prayer. To her family, be strong and remember to put God first in this and every matter.