Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Think This Means Revlimid Was Never My Problem

Yesterday was the last dose of Revlimid for this 21 day round.

Today was my fourth weekly dose of 40 mg of Dexamethosone.

Supposedly it's better tolerated when taken earlier in the day. I took it at 0900.

My breakfast was a dozen eggs and a loaf of toast......ok that's a slight exageration. However I am told that one of the steroid side effects is your inability the shut the door on the fridge.

At 1300 I took my vitamins and instead of a low dose aspirin (81 mg), I took two regular (325 mg) aspirin for the headache. Didn't touch it.

At 1400 I started using the O2.

My hands are shaking so bad that when I went to put a mug in the microwave, I hit the top and spilled it everywhere. I went to put my cell phone on my desk and missed by a foot.

I told my email group that -
You would all do well to remember this is STEROID DAY!!!!!!

My resting pulse is 106 and my atomic weight is increasing exponentially as I eat this bushel of M&Ms and contemplate the utter decimation of my enemies. Yes, enemies, plural. I am compiling a list. I wish "To crush my enemies, drive them before me, and hear the lamentation of their women."

I was asked -
"lamentation of their women"???
But I thought you eschewed home-wrecking
[Ducks back behind the berm]

My answer?
Trazodone side effects
The most common adverse reactions encountered are drowsiness, nausea/vomiting, headache and dry mouth. Adverse reactions reported include the following

Behavioral
Drowsiness, fatigue, lethargy, psychomotor retardation, lightheadedness, dizziness, difficulty in concentration, confusion, uncontrollable laughter, sex drive increase

Plus, I never had much of a conscious anyway
************************
Now I just burnt my microwave popcorn. Rachael asked if it was my time of the month because her mother says she burns everything when it's her's. I said that's cause your mother has never been on drugs, Rachael!!!!

UPDATE******I just walked out back to get a file and I said "Wow! It stinks out here!" (burnt popcorn......and my boss yells "I wonder whose fault that is!!!!"

1 comment:

elle said...

"Drowsiness, fatigue, lethargy, psychomotor retardation, lightheadedness, dizziness, difficulty in concentration, confusion, uncontrollable laughter, sex drive increase."

Sounds like me on a good week.

Hang in there! ;-)