Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Can't Wait For "Warrior" To Hit Theaters?

If you follow me on Twitter & Facebook, you know that recently I attended a "sneak peek" of the soon-to-be-released movie "Warrior".

I started Tweeting about it as soon as I hit Kenmore Station - tweeting & walking can be dangerous. Although I can talk and walk so I didn't wait to talk to Frankie. I had asked if he wanted to go with me and he couldn't make it. But I told him, that as soon as it's released.....we're going.

There aren't that many things I will make multiple trips to the movie theater for, but this movie is definitely one.

It has everything, a loving family angle, a dysfunctional family angle, reconciliation, a military angle, a universal villain, and a teacher who inspires his students.

So, some people are looking at this and thinking "Gee Maggie, you are not even mentioning the mixed-martial-arts part." Well, that wasn't the draw for me. If you are an MMA fan, you are going to love this movie. The young men who were clearly MMA fans in my showing were whooping and cheering. I'm here to tell you that if you don't know MMA from "Fight Club", this movie will still entertain you.

Just as non-boxing fans loved "Rocky" and non-Navy history buffs loved "Master & Commander". Non-pugilists will find something to cheer for in this movie.

Not the least of which is a really fabulous performance by Nick Nolte.

So - don't want to wait until September 9th? Here you go -

What: Sneak Peek of Lionsgate's Warrior starring Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton, Nick Nolte and Jennifer Morrison

When: Sunday, September 4th, 7 PM

Where: At 500 theaters nationwide

Where to get tickets: Moviefone.com, Fandango.com or for all the details, click here: http://bit.ly/Warriorsite

No comments: