Monday, August 25, 2008

Well, That Didn't Work

I got up this morning determined to get back on Atkins and go to the gym.

It was going along pretty well until I got that call to pop down to get the MRI. Stopping in the middle of the work day, driving down, even though it isn't far, spending nearly an hour there. Coming back and answering everyone's questions - it's a small office, they all want to know every detail.It threw me off as far as how late I had to stay at work.

But that's ok, I would just work a little later.

Then there was a phone call from a friend. That went on for a while.

So no gym.....but that's ok.....I would just go home and watch the DNC and go to bed.

Up and at 'em again tomorrow, right?

Then on the way home I really thought about how upset my friend was about my situation.

You see, I am not afraid of this diagnosis, truly I am not. It will be what it will be. I am not angry. But I just dread how it affects other people. I don't want to tell them. I don't want to look at them when they get upset.

So this was weighing on me during my short drive home and while I moved about the house trying to decide what to say in my email to him.

Then I saw the bag of M&Ms.

Well as Scarlett said "After all... tomorrow is another day!"

No comments: