Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"...Kerry is such a human toothache."

LOL - Jonah Goldberg at the Corner on Kerry's speech

I find it all sort of sad and pointless. Yes, Kerry served. He demonstrated love of country and commitment and all that when he did so. But I think his explanations of what patriotism is are, and have almost always been, incredibly muddled and at time embarrassingly sanctimonious and bitter. And his lack of graciousness toward McCain, given McCain's support for Kerry in 2004 is just a small example of why Kerry is such a human toothache. What an awful, awful president John Kerry would have been.

1 comment:

Stella by Starlight said...

~snicker~ A human toothache? LOL!

I was not a Kerry supporter, even though I voted for him. It was the worst move the Dems made. I have serious issues about this administration and could not vote for someone whose policie with which I so vehemently disagree. Even so, I kept thinking, "Can't the Dems find someone to do a better job?" Or, please don't have him speak after either Clinton.

I credit Biden, who showed incredible respect to McCain in calling him "a friend beyond politics." This is the type of election I hope to see. Biden exhibited great respect.

I found a blurb on a McCain ad I thought you'd appreciate:

It shows sleeping children and a 3 a.m. phone call into the White House portending a crisis. In the new ad Clinton is shown saying: "I know Sen. McCain has a lifetime of experience that he will bring to the White House. And, Sen. Obama has a speech he gave in 2002."

A narrator adds: "Hillary's right. John McCain for president."


Sometimes words come back to bite you... oh, you know where. Best to you and take care, Maggie.