Friday, August 01, 2008

More On My Excellent Adventure

I will embarking on the USS Kearsarge..............wish them luck! They are going to need it.

My boss was talking with someone today and she told them about my cancer. She came to me afterwards and said she hoped I didn't mind. We laughed because......if I did it was too late now! I told her I didn't because I didn't like telling people. I told her that maybe I'm make up a list of people she could tell for me.

It's an odd thing. People ask how I'm doing and I say fine.....because I am. You can't tell that I have cancer from looking at me. All through this process, health care providers have been asking me if I feel well. When I answer in the affirmative, they look perplexed. I have to laugh. Anyway when regular people ask how I feel, I hesitate. How do you answer this? Do you lie? LOL Will people be mad later? Will it really matter?

Anyway, after Bette told this person about the multiple myeloma, she told them about my upcoming adventure with the Navy. They were astonished. That's the most common reaction I get. Non-military people have no idea how the DV or distinquished visitor program works. I knew a little about it before FbL [link changed] explained it all to me.

So they agreed that it was a shame that I was ill......but I sure have a lot of adventures!

2 comments:

FbL said...

I suppose it would be too much to actually link to my DV reports, huh? :P

BostonMaggie said...

Actually, I wanted to, but I am having that IE problem and I can't get into your blog to get them. I just had to type the name of the blog from memory.

I can't get into you or the Castle.