Monday, September 25, 2006

Random Happenings

Jen and I went see the movie "The Black Dahlia" Sunday night. What a stinker! Too many subplots and the denouement seemed contrived.

During today's routine appointment, Jen's doctor needed some information from another facility. It was supposed to have been sent a while ago. So I walked out to the waiting room, made a phone call, issued my request, stood by the doctor's fax machine, then went back into his office with the info. He seemed surprised and complimented me. I think he needs better staff, it wasn't that big a deal. During the course of the conversation, he told Jen it was good that she had a strong support group and her mother wasn't oppressive. We thought yes, that's true but he's never met our mother...........then we realized......he thought I was her mother.....geez, thanks buddy! Jen is nine and half years younger and the doctor knows her age....that stung.

On the way out, they took some blood for tests, which made lunch interesting........I drove. On the way home amidst all our giggles, SB called. The conversation turned to different beers and I got tired of being the middle man and asked SB if I should just pass the phone to Jen. If he wasn't pressed for time, I think he would have said yes. Instead he told me about some news that may change his career path. He wants this passionately and I really want it for him. I said "Everyone should get what they want............speaking of which...." He cut me off "I know, Maggie......." LOL. Remember, in the end, it's all about me.

We watched the Massachusetts Gubernatorial Debate earlier this evening.........Kerry can't lose my vote, but I wish she'd be more aggressive. It's not enough to have the best policies and plans......you have to get that message across. We had a hard time keeping our laughter down about Grace Ross, the Green-Rainbow party candidate. Her mother has alledgedly described her as a "sex-pot". See what you think.......

We watched 3 episodes of "The Revolution" tonight. It's a series on the History Channel. We are both struck by how much we do not know. We love Major John Hall of West Point.

No comments: