Monday, September 18, 2006

The Primary

Tomorrow I will assume my duties as an appointed election worker. I have to be there at the crack of dawn and it's expected to be a late night. I had hoped to be doing something else tomorrow night, but Admiral Giambastani has seen to it that I will be available for the entire election. Gee....thanks.

We don't expect heavy turnout, so I should be able to get a lot of reading done. We are dropping one of our courses and now focusing totally on the elective Vietnam. I am currently reading "Street Without Joy" by Bernard Fall. I am more than halfway through Sun Tzu, but I have to take that in small doses. Plus the new issue of the Atlantic arrived the other day. If they set up a chaise and had a skylight, I could pretend to be at the beach.

All kidding aside, elections are important. I'm serious when I'm there and good at what I do.

So........miss me.

No comments: