Monday, September 25, 2006

As Requested

In the comments on my Citgo Sign diatribe, SB said he came to the blog today expecting to see my thoughts on Bill Clinton's appearance yesterday on Fox News Live.

I watched part of it yesterday as well as lots of commentary on other Fox shows. I also read some opinions online. The this morning while I ironed (yes, I ironed) I watched it again.

My conclusion is this. Bill Clinton is an excellent speaker. It's very smooth. As a politician he is without peer. If you do not go out and gather your own information, you can be swayed easily by his presentation.

I have gathered my own information. I don't stop at the soundbites. I am not swayed. It takes more that pretty words to impress me. When "W" tries to say nuclear, I cringe. When he stumbles and stutters, I sigh. But I do not judge based on appearance.

I am glad George Bush won in 2000 and 2004 (yes he won both, stop whining).

It was good television although I was bummed that Bill Kristol was on vacation.

SB - As always, your wish is my command.

No comments: