Thursday, August 21, 2008

What I'd Rather Be Doing

In an hour I will hop on the commuter rail and visit my first potential "team leader" at NEMC.

I don't want to.

I want to go to the beach.

I want to go home and change into my bathing suit. Grab my big heavy, but comfortable chaise lounge. It will hit the mid 70s today. The high tide is at 1500 or so. I could pick up lunch on my way. I might even finish Barnett's "The Pentagon's New Map", I am that close.

I could relax and read and swim until it was cocktail hour and then have the boys bring Cape Codders down to me until the bugs became annoying.

Isn't that a better plan?

1 comment:

FbL said...

It sounds absolutely lovely. How about making it your reward for being a grownup? ;)

By the time I posted this, I'm sure you were already in your meeting--because I know that under that woman who likes to be pampered and feted and revels in the ridiculous... is a core of steel.

I'm always here for post-meeting whining, though. ;)