Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So, You Know I'll Grasp At Any Straw

I found this blog by a guy who has Multiple Myeloma. Good stuff. Then I got to the post about his naturopath....................

In addition, she suggested that I eat more meat! Naturopaths tend to lean toward the vegetarian end of the chow spectrum, so she admitted that this was strange for her, but she thinks I might benefit from red meat: beef, lamb, bison, mutton, venison, salmon, and perhaps not so much chicken as I eat now. Huh. We originally cut back on meat to reduce inflammation, but my inflammation markers are quite low, so I'm up for this change.

Yeah, baby!!!! Princess Crabby is all about the red meat and anything past medium is overdone. My preference is medium rare.

2 comments:

jill said...

Hi Maggie

Catching up on all my blog reading, I was stunned to hear of your diagnosis and pleased to hear you handle it with your usual panache, a word I know that would get me and you both banned from Charlestown.

What can I say besides yeah to more meat and chocolate and I'll keep you in my prayers. Life is good, enjoy it all

Stella by Starlight said...

From Pub Med [NIH].

MMRF info.