Monday, August 18, 2008

OMG! I Am Thinking Of Buying Another Book

I hope you don't mind my gallows humor here (but if you do, sod off, lol). But a thought crossed my mind the other day that if my hand is forced and I have to have the bone marrow transplant..................

"Hey, I'll have time to read all those books in my house!"

LOL

So of course the next thought is......."and now I can buy more!"

The Corner NRO led me to this book review.

In It To Win
Reviewed by John A. Nagl
Sunday, August 17, 2008; Page BW05
THE STRONGEST TRIBE
War, Politics, and the Endgame in Iraq
By Bing West
Random House. 417 pp. $28
We interpret reality through the clouded prism of our own experience, so it is unsurprising that Bing West sees Iraq through the lens of Vietnam. He served as a Marine officer there, and he thinks politicians and the media caused the American public to turn against a war that could have been won. Now a correspondent for the Atlantic, West has made 15 reporting trips to Iraq over the last six years and is almost as personally invested in the current conflict as he was in Vietnam; this book, his third on Iraq, is his attempt to ensure that the "endgame" in Iraq turns out better than in his last war.

No comments: