Thursday, August 21, 2008

The DomestikDiva Sends

It's early, but I think this will be the best email all day.

How to save $5 million

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year.

Assuming the next president lives to age 80. Sen McCain would receive ZERO pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president. Sen Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in November.

How's that for non partisan thinking???

Sherri also reminds us to go vote in this poll.

2 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

Surprise, I voted "no." I think there are more important issues concerning separation of Church and State than a slogan.

BostonMaggie said...

Exactly! I am reasonably sure that I would vote "No" if I were not Catholic or a Christian. It's a silly issue and we have more important ones to deal with. It's not that I'd be heartbroken to have it removed, I just can't see the expense and the waste of doing it.