Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saddleback Civil Forum

It's on CSpan right now. It's a novel idea. This pastor, Rick Warren is talking with Obama now. John McCain is being sequestered so as not to hear Obama's answers. This will go on for an hour. Then McCain will be brought out and asked the very same question.

Whenever I hear this guy Warren's name, I think of that lady who was taken hostage and read the convict passages from Warren's book. The guy had escaped from a courtroom hearing and shot and killed a guard. He broke into this ladies' apartment. She had the book and it moved her. She read it to him and he was so moved he released her and turned himself in.

That's my only Rick Warren frame of reference.

Right now Obama is discussing his reliance on his faith in Christ.

2 comments:

Vmaximus said...

Maggie,
I have not commented here before, and I am still watching it, but I liked McCain! I have not been a McCain fan, I think the O is worthless, but I was impressed with McCain. Ok I have had too much to drink I will shut up now.

Wish you well in your health problems.

V

BostonMaggie said...

Welcome....but I don't know how I feel about you linking the fact that McCain sounds good to the fact that you have been drinking, lol.

I love my bad boyfriend and I thought he did very well.