Monday, August 25, 2008

Back To The Grindstone

When I left work Saturday afternoon, Jen & I headed off to a family party. We had a great time! By the time we left, our goddaughters had settled everything in their social lives and were able to come home with us.

We had a late dinner and watched "Untraceable". Good, somewhat gory. Then the girls and I slept in the cottage. Lately I spend more time in other beds than my own. It's disorienting.....although the bed in the cottage is much more comfortable than troop berthing on the Kearsarge.

My uncle Walter was not supposed to arrive until late afternoon on sunday....that turned out to be 1300. The girls and I were still laying around, sluggish from our carb fest brunch.

Then it was off to Jen's where we did nothing but lay about on her deck and read and eat snacks.

Finally.....the beach. I love the late day tides. That water was warm, the sun was low, I had Cosmo and cookies, lol. It really doesn't get much better. The girls and I stayed until the tide chased us out of the last sunny spot.

Meanwhile dinner preparations were underway back at the house. We came back to steak tips and chicken wings and corn on the cob.

I was lucky that I was able to get behind the wheel and drive the girls to the train station.

Now I am in work. Booo! LOL

No comments: