Saturday, January 10, 2009

I've Not Been Completely Useless

I've actually been keeping up with one NYR.

Lia from HomeFront Six came up with this.

Footprints in the Sand

We are going to read the Bible in a year.

I did this a long time ago when Frankie was a baby. You couldn't put him down for anything. I can see now indulging that quirk has set me up for a lifetime of nonsense, but at the time......

Anyway, I spent many evenings on the couch, Frankie dozing on my chest and me, reading the Bible.

I told someone I was doing this and they said "Where are you going to buy a Bible and how you can be sure it's for Catholics?"

"Hello? I own a Bible, thank you very much."

"Oh. How are you going to find it in your house?" The renovation continues to cause much chaos and I wasn't that organized before it began.

"It's in the bookcase, top shelf. I have always been able to put my hands right on it." It's a little misshapen. I stick stuff in it. Prayer cards. Notes from Father Mahoney. There are flowers from Mama Kelley's funeral and from Marie's (my mother-in-law, a lovely woman), etc. So I have to hold it carefully.

Anyway, I've been keeping up.

No comments: