Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Crazy Traffic Last Night

So I liked "Seven Pounds" so much I wanted to take my mother. Grace said she and the girls were going to see it Tuesday night. Perfect! Jen and I would pick our mother up and meet her there.

Jen and I got a late start leaving home, instead of 5 pm we left at 5:30 (for a 6:50 show in Revere), so we called Grace and asked her to get Mum. No problem.

Then we ran into heavy traffic heading into the city. We weren't too worried, this usually clears up before the Liberty tunnel....after six....on a Tuesday. But instead, it kept getting worse. We were baffled.

Finally there was one clue. Signs said they had the Mystic River bridge down to one lane. We thought that was stupid to start such construction so early in the evening, but we'd just go 16 or 60. But those were no better. 93 was total stop and go, it took us forever to get off at Sullivan. We could see the lanes winding down to get into the Mystic and they were packed.

Then we get a text from Debbie asking where we are. We told her Sullivan and she said they were in City Square....behind us!

"Don't get on the bridge!" LOL

I made an executive decision. "Turn around, go back to Papa's. I'll order pizza."

So we hung out at our parent's house instead. We always have fun together.

When Jen and I headed home two hours later, the Mystic River bridge onramps were still jammed. Glad we were headed the other way.

Jen still wanted to see a movie, so we went to "The Day The Earth Stood Still"

Ehh. That Reeves kid is no Michael Rennie. "You will forgive me if I speak bluntly."

Plus you can't beat that creepy music in the original.

Klaatu barada nikto.

No comments: