Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Today's Word of the Day is.........

.......one of SB's favorites!

Main Entry: 1 ju·ju
Pronunciation: \ˈjü-(ˌ)jü\
Function: noun
Etymology: of Welsh African origin; akin to the source of Hausa jùju fetish
Date: 1894

1 : a fetish, charm, or amulet of West African peoples
2 : the magic attributed to or associated with jujus

I am always very careful about what I say to SB. I always try to avoid bad juju. Did you know Sailors are very superstitious? On the other hand, I work very hard to produce good juju. As a matter of fact, something is coming up soon and I hope my gift brings about good juju. Thanks to the Princess' Navy coterie for their advice in this matter!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice to see someone else use that word. My friends always give me weird looks whenever I use it.