Saturday, January 06, 2007

Lifehouse in Dubai

Before I went to Dubai, I knew the band Lifehouse. The had a hit that was on the radio "Hanging by a Moment". I thought they were ok.

While I was in Dubai I watched and listened to the international version of most channels. It was there that I first heard Kosheen sing "All In My Head" and this version of Lifehouse "Take Me Away" from a concert in Amsterdam. I absolutely fell in love with it.

There were three TVs in the apartment and generally I had them all going in sync as I moved about. That's how big the apartment was, if you went from the bedroom to the kitchen you could not hear the TV in either bedroom, much less when I was out on the balcony. If Kosheen or Lifehouse or Beyonce (this was the summer of "Crazy In Love") came on I would race about the apartment turning up the volume. It's a wonder that someone from the management didn't complain. then I would have been in trouble with SouthieBoy.

When I got back I bought the CD, but the studio version was different. The one in Dubai was slower, more plaintive.

this time what I want is you, there is no one else who can take your
place, this time you burn me with your eyes, you see past all the lies, you take it
all away, I've seen it all and it's never enough, it keeps leaving me needing you,
take me away take me away, I've got nothing left to say just take me away, I try
to make my way to you, but still I feel so lost, I don't know what else I can do,
I've seen it all and it's never enough it keeps leaving me needing you take me
away take me away I've got nothing left to say just take me away don't give up
on me yet don't forget who I am I know I'm not there yet but don't let me stay
here alone this time what I want is you there is no one else who can take your
place I've seen enough and it's never enough it keeps leaving me needing you
take me away take me away I've got nothing left to say just take me away take me away take me away I've got nothing left to say just take me away


No comments: