Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Full & Fun Day!

I have to get to bed. I am exhausted! But today was a fun day full of history.

My swag! The Boston Harbor Islands have trading cards!
The "War Of 1812" movie will air on PBS October 10th. I highly recommend it.

I put up a bunch of Tweets before and after the movie including this one -
"My one criticism of #PBS "War of 1812"....not enough #USNavy!! WTF? More Lawrence. More Oliver Hazard Perry. More McDonough at Champlain"

To which @1812Heritage replied -
When you do a Doc on the whole #Warof1812, everyone will say what about the... Get PBS BOSTON to do:"1812:War on the Atlantic"

What could I say except -
"@1812Heritage You are absolutely right....but as most of my Tweeps know....I'm a Navy Girl, right, @NavyNews? #WarOf1812"
I learned stuff all day. About the Civil War & about the Canadian perspective on the War of 1812.

No comments: