Friday, July 09, 2010

I Have A Car!!!

After what seems like eons of cadging rides and renting/borrowing cars, I finally have one. It's a 1998 Ford Windstar. A minivan. How's that for irony? My kids are grown, it's just me. I was looking at tiny cars. I end up with a giant minivan. LOL

But Rachael pointed out, this may work out for some of my adventures. Just drive places and sleep in the car. I don't actually know about that, but it's something to consider.

I got to Boston to pick it up at 11:15 am after several days of nonsense. I really appreciate the guy who arranged this for me, but it was clear that he was trying to draw this out so I would spend time with him.

After several errands and some things that "popped up", I finally got on the Tobin at 1:57 pm.

The drive from Boston was hell. My life has been so hectic lately that I didn't realize......it's Friday! Everyone in the free world was on route 3 south headed for the Cape.

Two solid hours to make a drive that I can do in 35 minutes most times.

I've just wiped down the dashboard and cleaned out the glove box etc.

I am beat. But this is a huge load off of my mind.

1 comment:

Tom Goering said...

Outstanding news about the wheels!

The amount of traffic headed for the Cape always amazed me - seemed like you would spend half your weekend in the car.