Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beta Testing For Future Road Trips

First rule - take the laptop anyway, even though I don't think I'll need it. After all, there's plenty of room in the WindStar. Today I was in a Starbucks and could have hopped on their free Wi-Fi

Next - always pack the stupid bathing suit!!!! Better to have it and not need it.

I have to make a bag just for the car.....pillow, light blanket, towel. You know, just in case.

So, I often say my life is a Fellini film...an O'Henry novel....full of irony.

Jennifer gave me a Tom-Tom navigational device for my birthday in March. then the Saturn died. The new car? Yeah, no cigarette lighter to keep it charged. Of course!

I've been cleaning out the house paring down my possessions. Being heartless. I came across a box of cassettes. When would I ever use those? Really? Guess what's in the Windstar? Yeah, a cassette player.

Ok, I am going to check my email and then go to bed. I am wiped out. It took at least an hour longer than expected. Every time there was a choice to make...I made the wrong move. Every. Single. Time. My ex hasn't stopped laughing at me yet.

Tomorrow I am driving back, but I am stopping in Shanksville to meet a fellow traveler on the Internet, Bigg Bill. We are going to have lunch and go to the Flight 93 Memorial. We have corresponded for a few years and now we get to meet. Reason #2,658 I love the Internet. How else would I have met someone so interesting?

Oh, and I drove out of range for an NPR station that was talking about an episode of Here & Now they were going to air about John Ford's "The Searchers". I have to go back into the archive and find that, I LOVE that movie.

1 comment:

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

Maggie,

You can buy cigarette lighter power jacks at Radio Shack. They are very east ti install, all you need are things everyone has already, a drill, bits, screwdriver, a set of linesmans pliers, ( about $6.00, and a person should have a set anyway ) to crimp the connections, and there you are! Power for the Tom-Tom!