Friday, May 21, 2010

Sometimes, Amid The Celebration....

...you see something so sad

This week on Midrats, Eagle1 & CDR Salamander will host CAPT Thomas Hudner, USN (ret). CAPT Hudner was awarded the Medal of Honor for actions during the Korean War.

You do not want to miss this. Everyone who has the chance to listen to or meet CAPT Hudner should take full advantage. I have been this lucky on a few occasions.

When I first met CAPT Hudner, I wanted to post about it, so I Googled him. I read a bunch of stuff and looked at many pictures. I came upon this picture and I was struck. I actually got a little choked up think how hard this must have been for Mrs. Brown. She must have been so conflicted. I look at CAPT Hudner - he is literally beaming. As well he should be. He went on to make many more contributions to the Navy. But then I look at Mrs. Brown and my heart breaks.

No comments: