Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Something I Didn't Want To Be Right About

When I was having trouble getting my 3rd round of Revlimid shipped to me, I was wondering what this would do to my numbers. I guessed that my number would go up.

I would have preferred to have been wrong.

Dr. H didn't seem happy. He said it was fine. That the overall trend from June until now is down. There doesn't seem to be any reason for the flucutations. I would like things to be more black and white. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the way this will go.

Here's what I know now.

June 10th - 5948
August 21st - 4940
September 17th - 5850

Three different labs and possibly different processes. I was not in any treatment up to this point. I was still seeking opinions and weighing options.

Revlimid begins October 1st. My next test was just at the end of round 2.

November 20th - 3310

Then, instead of having 7 days off of Revlimid, I was off 24 days.

December 12th - 4164.

In my opinion he seemed surprised, a little ruffled. He mentioned that this may move the transplant up. I was expecting to go the full six rounds of Revlimid at the least. If Revlimid was knocking the number down, then you want to get the number as low as possible before a transplant.

Then he seemed to recover and said it would be fine. That I was doing fine. That we would only worry if there was no downward movement. But he is going to adjust the level of dex. We are going to put it back up to 40 mg per week. That's what it was for the first round and it was adjusted to 20 for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Talking about moving up the transplant shook me. He asked if I had a problem with that. I don't really, but he can't expect me to look forward to it for pity's sake.

Oh, and the bisphosphonate was nothing. They picked Zometa, it took 15 minutes. I had a raging headache, but that was as likely the stress of the appointment as anything else.

1 comment:

Stella by Starlight said...

Maggie, I'm so sorry about the, numbers, Revlimid, and that the transplant was moved up. You've probably seen MMRF already, but here's the link anyway.

I don't know what they do in a transplant, but I'll be praying for you. Please feel free to email me when

I'm sorry you're right...