Monday, October 20, 2008

I Want To Ask A Favor

The Internet has brought good people into my life. If you aren't on the Internet, you might not get it (my mother for example).

There is someone I have been talking to for a while. He's a fresh Army guy who refuses to see that Navy leads the way.........but I like him anyway. After all, the Army needs good leaders too and he's a guy who walks the walk about what he believes is right....and in some cases ....runs it.

He has a smart wife and two beautiful daughters.

So, here's the favor.

Prayer Request
As some of you know, Elizabeth has been dealing with an eye issue of undetermined type. On Friday, we took her to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for examination by the experts there. The tentative diagnosis is gyrate atrophy. This is a disease that gradually destroys retinal tissue over a long period of time resulting in blindness. Presently, there is no cure; the only treatment centers around methods of slowing the progress of the disease. I am asking all of you for your prayers for Elizabeth and our family as we confront this. We expect more speccific information in the next 6-8 weeks as results of tests ordered by the opthamologist and the geneticist come back. I will keep you all as updated as I am able.
Thanks,
Anthony

****************
So, there it is. Please keep a good thought for Elizabeth and her parents. Pray that Elizabeth's problems work out and that her parents know that they are not alone and we are pulling for them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*deploying remaining Guardian Angel squad*

brian said...

Our prayers are with you, your wife and your family. thank you for your service and hopefully, we can return the favor.

Briam

mom said...

My prayers will be with your friend, his family, and his daughter. My daughter (11) has recently been diagnosed with the same metabolism disorder that eats away her retina. We are just in the beginning stages of modifing her diet in hopes to slow the progression of this disorder.

Stella by Starlight said...

My prayers are with her and her family, Maggie.

Anthony said...

On behalf of my family, thank you all very much for your prayers, thoughts, and kind words.

Mom, your daughter will be in our prayers as well.