Sunday, July 13, 2008

It Was Delicious!

Tom dropped my lounge chair down at the top of the ramp for me. It was too heavy to carry.
I bought it two summers ago and this is the first time I've sat in it. I am not saying that I work too much or anything, but I used to live on the beach. I was even lifeguard for a few summers and I need to do this more. After all, one of the reasons I work so hard is to afford to live on the ocean. It's really rather silly not to go enjoy it once in a while.

It was 75 with a few clouds when I got there. I had picked up a buttered bagel and a cup of tea at Dunkin donuts before heading down. I enjoyed my breakfast and the view and the breeze and the water lapping at my feet. I read more of "The Pentagon's New Map". I love this book even if I have to put it down intermittantly and come back to it. Everyone should read it. It articulates my view on the world perfectly.


My voice mail says "It's Sunday the 13th. I am doing absolutely nothing. And I am enjoying it immensely!"

The water temperature was probably 60 degrees and so refreshing. I read and swam and ate and sunned myself and talked to some neighbors. I floated and admired my fabulous pedicure. "I'm Not Really a Waitress" reflects the sun perfectly. I called and harrassed the Fishmugger who turned the tables on me and needled me about my Bad Boyfriend.

All in all, a great morning.

1 comment:

FbL said...

Sounds like a lovely morning. Glad you had fun. :)

As for me, I spent it on the patio/gardens, trimming, watering, re-potting, etc. Exhausted myself balancing on the edge of the raised bed along the steep backside of the house, then settled down to my computer with a real tangerine popsicle. Heavenly. :)

And it's only 11:00!