Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Last Night's Debate

So I go to Jen's last night, instead of the gym. Yes, I'm a bad girl. She was making dinner, so I bundled up on her couch with the clicker and put on the debate. I was yelling at the TV, lol, I always particpate.

Jen asked "Do you yell at the TV like this all the time?" "Yes. It unnerves the boys." She looks over her shoulder from the stove, "No wonder no one wants to watch the debates with you!" I told SB on IM today and he said "I'd watch them with you, Maggie." Thanks baby!

So, the debate. They roll around to my top priority, National Security and foreign policy. Clinton hits one outta the park and I am actually cheering (I am not kidding!) for HRC "Good one! That's right!" Jen raises an eyebrow and shakes her head. "No one got that but you."

Not true! Watch this part of the debate and tell me you get it!!!!!

Clinton points out that Obama talks a good game and hasn't done anything when he had the chance.
CLINTON: "..... But I also have heard Senator Obama refer continually to Afghanistan, and he references being on the Foreign Relations Committee.
He chairs the subcommittee on Europe. It has jurisdiction over NATO. NATO is critical to our mission in Afghanistan. He's held not one substantive hearing to do oversight, to figure out what we can do to actually have a stronger presence with NATO in Afghanistan.
You have to look at the entire situation to try to figure out howwe can stabilize Afghanistan and begin to put more in there to try toget some kind of success out of it. And you have to
..."

Obama's answer is that it's not his fault. LOL The complete transcript of the debate is here.

It comes at 3:40 of this YouTube clip.

No comments: