Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Am Exhausted!

And it's only going to get worse.
This afternoon at 1500 my boss sprang a little surprise. Could I go to a conference tomorrow? Could I pull together some documentation for it? Even though it's getting late in the day. Even though people are starting to leave. Even though I am wayyyyyy far behind already today because I had a lunch date??????????

Sure!

So I am still in the office at 2127 when the text messages start coming in from Jen.
J: "Meet me here."
M: "Maybe, I'll try."
J: "Now meet me at East Bay."
M: "Soon."
J: "Dick (the bartender) is asking for you."
M: "I'm hurrying."
So I wrap up my project..............skip the gym and head for East Bay where Dick is nice enough to introduce me to the bartender I kissed good night Sunday. I like to know their names, I'm old fashioned that way.
So we stay for end of the Sox game and now I am home to catch 6 hours of sleep.
Argghhh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bartenders, State Troopers, Oh my!

Well enjoy the grove, it's better than being bored.

BostonMaggie said...

Very true!