Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pissa

Other Side Effects
Patients with multiple myeloma may experience some of the following side effects while taking REVLIMID® (lenalidomide) in combination with dexamethasone.

Muscle cramps - Check - back of both legs, more in calf muscles, but noticable above the knee as well.
Muscle cramps are a common side effect experienced by patients taking REVLIMID® with dexamethasone. Muscle cramps may feel like a sudden pain in the affected area that resembles a tightening or hardening in the muscle.
If you experience muscle cramps, talk with your healthcare provider immediately. Yeah, yeah.

Fatigue - Check - That's why I left work

It is important that you eat and drink enough, and get a lot of rest to build energy. Avoid unnecessary stress. Moderate, regular exercise can also increase your energy. I know, I should have gone to the gym.

Insomnia - Check - It's now 0620 - I've been awake since 0205

Insomnia is another common side effect of treatment with your therapy. Chronic sleep disturbances can cause irritability, inability to concentrate, depression, and anxiety.

Here are a few simple steps that can help you get restful sleep:

Create an environment that decreases sleep interruptions Reducing noise, adjusting room temperature to a comfortable level, and placing pillows in a supportive position will help you get restful sleep.
Prepare your body for a good night's sleep. Eating a high-protein snack 2 hours before bedtime, avoiding exercise before bedtime, and, of course, avoiding drinks with caffeine, will help you get a good night's sleep.

If you notice any changes in your body or in the way you feel that are troubling, it's very important that you tell your healthcare provider right away. I know, I know!

4 comments:

Thus Spake Ortner said...

"Check - It's now 0620 - I've been awake since 0205"

You missed the sox? :(

BostonMaggie said...

Never worry! I watched until the 5th. Then Frankie and the boys gave me the pertinent updates. Then during the insomnia I watched highlights.

Anonymous said...

"It is important that you eat and drink enough"

I can certainly help you with the drinking part of that directive! *wink*

Stella by Starlight said...

Maggie, you know I'm sending you good thoughts. White noise is good for restful sleep, like a small fountain and nice, warm chamomile tea.

I wish I could say something pithy to make you feel better. Maybe you should take sk up on his/her offer.