Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thanks Brad!

SB's birthday went magnificently! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Brad Peniston for his contribution.

Last month I almost went to a book signing that I would have been a year late for. I figured it out at the last minute and avoided that aggravation. I wrote an email that I assumed would be answered by someone who worked for his publishing company......instead I got Brad. We exchanged some emails and he very cheerfully tossed me under the bus at my office. I explained that while I wanted to read his book and hear him speak I was hot to get the book for someone special. He wrote that I could get an autographed book from the Naval Institute......you know, the kind of books ordinary people get..........LOL. I didn't want one of those, I wanted something more! So, instead I called The National Maritime Historical Society the week before Brad's next book signing and arranged for a more personalized book. I also emailed Brad and let him in on my plan (pretty pushy huh?). When the book arrived, it was perfect! I dashed off an email thanking Brad, but I couldn't blog about it. It is very difficult to keep a secret from SB. For one thing, he is soooooo deep in my head, he usually knows what I'm thinking before I think it! For another, he reads this foolish blog. Lastly, I am usually so eager to give him gifts, that I can't wait and I give them early. So I have sat on this little bit of good news...........until now.

So, I had Brad's book......and another little gift that only a member of Red Sox Nation could appreciate (he played with it like a little boy, chortling about using it to torture Yank-Me! fans). Of course I looked smashing......hair done, perfect manicure.....new outfit........

It was perfect! We haven't been together on his birthday for four years (please let the SecDef know I am not complaining, it's just an observation).

Happy Birthday, baby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cent' anni!, SouthieBoy, and thanks for keeping Mags cheerful.

Okay, okay -- I *know* it's out of character, but it's a slow day over here, all right?

BostonMaggie said...

OK, just this once.........I'll accept you at face value.

Anonymous said...

Welllll, my face has *some* value -- it gives me a place to park my mustache...

BostonMaggie said...

And what is it they say mustaches are good for.....hmmm. If my friend WK was here, I know she could help me with this one.

Anonymous said...

I leave you a perfectly jumpable straight line and you call for an assist from *Ohio*?!?

Oh, the humanity...

Anonymous said...

Sit on my face.... and tell me that you love me......

yes, faces are very handy for things like, um... "mustaches"... yeah!