Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Poverty In America

Chuck at North Shore Journal has some interesting thoughts. He passed along this one in an email and there are more in this post at his place.

Did you know what the average poverty rate was for the first six years of this President and the last two that served two terms?
Reagan: 14.5%
Clinton: 14.1%
Bush 43: 12.3%

This is the New York Times editorial after reading the same data.

A Sobering Census Report: Americans’ Meager Income Gains
The economic party is winding down and most working Americans never even got near the punch bowl.

Can't let there be any good news over there at NYT, huh? Good thing we have our own ways of accessing data now-a-days.

2 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

I don't even bother with the NYT. They have nothing to say that I am intersted in hearing. Kind of like all the Democrat candidates or the Daily Kos idiots. If it were relevant or real journalism I would think about it. But having been a journalism major in college, the NYT disgusts me.

BostonMaggie said...

Recon, my friend, recon. I read this and I listen to NPR.