Thursday, August 02, 2007

I Can't Win

******DO YOU HEAR THAT SOUND???? THAT IS ME STOMPING MY FEET! WHAT'S WITH THAT COMMENT SB? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WHOLE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS? HAVE A LITTLE ADD? CAN'T FOCUS ON THE SUBJECT?******

Last night Jen called. "I am going out for a drink with Meghan (coworker). Come and meet her. Get ready to leave now, she can't stay long. I will call when I am closer. Get ready now."

I get it, it takes me a while to get ready to leave work. I get it. So I start getting ready.

She calls again "I am one exit away (she was two exits, but she was trying to rush me), leave now." I was ready and said so, then I asked if we shouldn't meet at her house and take one car. "No," she says, "we are so close, we could walk home." That's true, it was less than two miles. "Besides, it's just one drink."

OK, I had one drink. I meet Meghan. We have a good time. We agree that Meghan and another of Jen's coworkers should join us (my coworkers) for a "Girl's Night". Meghan heads home.

There are a few irritating texts from SB where he has the nerve to text about Jen "She is my favorite after all". FU, YGTBFKM!

Two and half hours later Jen wants me to round up one of my offpring or my extras to drive one of the cars home. That's right, one of the two cars in the parking lot. SB sends a message and I call him. Jen says "Who are you calling? Call one of my nephews!" I explain it's SB, I explain to SB I am being yelled at. He asks "What did you do to make Jen yell at you?" Argghhh! "Listen," I say to the fathead on the phone.........and I explain the situation. Clearly, I am in the right, she should have met me at home and I should not be yelled at.

His answer? "Hang up and call one of the boys. Call me later. Tell Jennifer I love her and I miss her."

I can't win.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic!
SB

BostonMaggie said...

I'm so glad you're pleased.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I appreciate it. I would make a comment on one of the military posts, but its all over my head, and my brain is turned off until September.

Googie

BTW - I love your hair color.