Thursday, August 23, 2007

"24" Catastrophe

I can not think of worse news.
The political left and the political right are going to meet on Fox's "24" this coming season.
Actress-comedian Janeane Garofalo, an outspoken liberal, is set to co-star on the conservative-leaning real-time drama, whose co-creator/executive producer Joel Surnow jokingly describes himself as a "right-wing nut job."
On the Imagine TV/20th Century Fox TV series, Garofalo will play a government agent who is part of the team investigating the crisis befalling Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) and company in the upcoming season.
Actress-comedian? More like mental patient.
You know Jen & I love "24", but this could very well be the end for me. If you had jokingly asked me who I would never want to see on "24", this disgusting piece of trash would have made the top five. Garolfalo is going to play and FBI agent (a huge insult to FBI agents)...........what's next? Michael Moore is going to be Jack's nutritionist?
And not that it really matters anymore, but who the hell is this?
"Garofalo is the second major cast addition to the action drama, which is going through a major revamping coming off a lackluster sixth season. Cherry Jones was tapped last month to play the new president."
Someone should have stepped in and stopped this. I blame Wyatt. I went over there and I went to Blogs4Bauer. There is simply not enough outrage. Sure people are saying it's a stupid choice, but no one is doing anything about it.
All we can do is hope Vinnie at MVRWC is right.
I don't know. I just don't know. It's possible that not even my lust for William Devane can save this show for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I might have to start watching now....

Anyway, I have tagged you with a meme if you are game:

http://momandmama.wordpress.com/2007/08/23/meme-8-surprising-things-about-me/

Anonymous said...

I was done after this last season - it was sooooo bad. I had not planned on watching at all - now I will actively avoid it. They turned it from an action show into a soap opera. Even Chloe did nothing last season except follow Morris around sniffing his breath - just disgusting.

BostonMaggie said...

GB - You do try my patience at times. This is "24". This is serious business. And please don't tell me she appeals to you!

Teresa - If nothing else, William Devane shows up and I'm happy. and by the end, I liked Morris.

Anonymous said...

and by the end, I liked Morris.

Everybody liked Morris. Best darn advertising concept 9-Lives ever came up with.

Although Teresa *does* have a point about his breath...

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Hey! How is this MY fault?!!!

BTW, your pic of her is MUCH worse than mine!

BostonMaggie said...

Well the damage was done by your pic.....in for a penny, in for a pound. Of course, it's your fault. You are a major part of the Blog4Bauer cabal, are you not?

Suck it up....take it like a man.

Bill is forgiven for not getting the point....there is no "24" in the 15th century.

Anonymous said...

....there is no "24" in the 15th century.

Sure, there is.

1624.

It's just not *here* yet.

And if you're gonna snark me about the fifteenth century, why'd you lead the post with a picture of a witch?