Thursday, August 02, 2007

One Step Closer

Thanks to Bull @ Op-For for making sure I am in the loop..............

SECDEF Announces CNO Nomination
Story Number: NNS070802-19
Release Date: 8/2/2007 6:07:00 PM
From the Department of Defense

WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates announced Aug. 2 that President George W. Bush has nominated Adm. Gary Roughead for reappointment to the grade of admiral and assignment as chief of naval operations, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. Roughead is currently serving as commander, U.S. Fleet Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.

4 comments:

Ken Adams said...

What, no gloating?

BostonMaggie said...

Oh, there will be gloating, boyo! Like you've never seen. But not yet. No jumping the gun.

We have a Senate confirmation hearing to go. It will be painful. Not as painful as the CJCS hearing. But there has to be a hearing..........then........there will be gloating!

Anonymous said...

You might also be interested in this article on your favorite 4-star...
-SJS

BostonMaggie said...

I read it. He linked to me in the post....hehehe!

I can't post this. Even I can't kick a guy when he's down....unless he's Harry Reid or John Murtha. I could kick them and never stop. And Kennedy and Levin...and Edwards.....and Kucenich.....oh we don't have the time or the space for this list. Suffice to say that Ulrich isn't on it.

I left a comment over there ...."Even I feel bad...and I only have that one heartstring."

Ulrich could come out of this you know.

BTW, I took you quite literally and when I clicked on the link I expected to see something about Gary.