Friday, July 06, 2007

The CNO Pool

10/01/07******WE HAVE A WINNAH!*******
07/26/07*******CNO UPDATE HERE******SecDef Gates Recomends Roughead***
07/11/07*****Well this is getting to be the biggest post ever....lol! Some comments here and elsewhere have questioned Admiral Nathman's candidacy and status. I found this and it definitely says *retired*. But then, others would know better than me if *retired* rules you out as CNO. Would they bring him back? Is there precedent?

07/08/07****Welcome CDR Salamandar visitors.....there are a lot of you, but you are not voting, humph! I told Jen about this avalanche. She asked who the Phibian was voting for. I told her anyone but Ulrich. She asked who SB was voting for, I said right now (since he waffles, you never know), Ulrich. Jen made a face and said "nevermind his link, who needs him, he's out. Salamandar-whatevermander." Yikes! Is she a loyal SBer or what? You can't even have a different opinion!"

07/06/07 Bumped and Updated ***** NEW STUFF BELOW *****

News on Stufflebeam
Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates announced today that the President has made the following nominations:
Navy Rear Adm. (Selectee) Adam M. Robinson Jr. has been nominated for appointment to the grade of vice admiral and assignment as chief of the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery and Surgeon General, Washington, D.C. Robinson is currently serving as commander, Navy Medicine Capital Area/commander, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Md.
Navy Vice Adm. John D. Stufflebeem has been nominated for reappointment to the grade of vice admiral and assignment as director, Navy Staff, N09B, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Pentagon, Washington, D.C. Stufflebeem is currently serving as commander, Sixth Fleet/commander, Striking and Support Forces NATO/commander, Joint Headquarters Lisbon, Portugal
.
***************************
Princess Crabby & The Ogre!!!! - Admiral Roughead (can someone send me a pronunciation? Ruffhead? Rowhead? Rawhead?) Question answered. SJS informs me that it is *ruffhead*. Remember, for the record I had Roughead on Friday, June 8th.

SB - Admiral Keating ******* 06/12/07 - The waffling has begun!! SB is now saying that it has been brought to his attention that Keating is a 3 Star (can't keep track of your own Flags, sir?) and now he favors Admiral Henry G. "Harry" Ulrich, III.

Citizen Deux - Admiral Giambistani

Skippy-San - Wants Vice Admiral John Stufflebeem, likes Keating, but bottom line - anybody but Willard (not an uncommon refrain).

Steeljaw Scribe - Thinks it will be Roughead, would like Keating and gives us a dark horse for those who are looking to hit big.........Admiral James Stavridis

BullNav - "Maggie - sorry, off the computer for a couple of days... Anyway, I think I would like to see ADM Keating as CNO, but I don't think that will happen (see SJS' comment above). ADM Roughead is a well-known name, but I can't help but wonder if Nathman has a chance..." (Bull, is of course, responding to my badgering. He was forgiven, sailors are my weakness.)

Anthony (The Army guy who thinks he will have to come in and mop up when Navy fails to save the world.......hold your breath, baby!) - Takes Roughead.

Bobby, my favorite IS1, has "no clue" in his words..........ummmm.......you might have to drop the "I", hunnybunny.

SmadaNek - Agrees, grudgingly, that it will be Roughead.

06/21/07 - There is guy in the comments who is being non-compliant with the wishes of the Princess. I discussed this with SB (at the crack of fucking dawn!!) while he was shaving. I told him of the commenter and my answers. "Yeah, yeah," he says "It's only important to win, right Maggie? Nevermind things like qualifications." Bastid! He knows down right well that I read up on Roughead before I picked him! Who is SB to even insinuate that I would not be looking to pick the best CNO? Especially before I allow my tiny atrophied heart to be tucked away in a seabag and carted of to the Persian Gulf! HUMPH! Oh, and by the way, you misspelled Roughead in the comments.........smartass!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roughhead = 'ruffhead'
- SJS

BostonMaggie said...

Thanks!

Anthony said...

Put me in for Roughhead as well.

Anonymous said...

It is my understanding that Nathman retired after he was relieved as FFC by ADM Roughhead (ruffhead).
SB

Anonymous said...

Yes, Roughead (one 'h') is pronounced as *ruffhead*.

BostonMaggie said...

William - any relation? Also, who are you taking in the pool?

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are related. Came here to see what others think about the situation - not to weigh in! :)

BostonMaggie said...

Hello I am Princess Crabby. Or to quote Blackhawk over at the Castle of Argghhh!! "the Empress of La Moata, she who has no equal, Princesa Malhumorada, Maggie”.

You should be happy to comply with my requests!

Please tell your relative that I wish him to get the job so that I can lord it over SB! Let him know he has my complete support and if he wins....my undying love.

Anonymous said...

If the job of picking the next CNO was left to the Ladies......Walsh would win it unopposed. Dont intend to be nasty.....but Roughead is aptly named.

BostonMaggie said...

Well, I don't know quite how to take that last comment. Am I not a lady because I picked Roughead? Are women incapable of picking strong leaders because they are too easily swayed by looks?

Well, it's enough for me that the right guy has been recommended for the job.