Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

I have had the best day already!!!!!!

I got to be with SB at an official Navy function this morning. Now, let me just say, everytime I am with SB I am happy and proud. That said...........this morning, I thought my heart would burst! It was a picture perfect morning full of American tradition. The 4th is SB's favorite holiday, hands down. Standing there, in that place of history, feeling part of something so much bigger than the both of us.............watching him walk towards me in his summer whites...........I was stupified. When it was his turn to be acknowledged, I was overwhelmed. My hands shook so hard, I have no pics! LOL

Now I am off the the family cook-out.

This is as good a time as any to acknowledge.........I am very lucky.

In keeping with the day, this link takes you to a recording of President Kennedy reading the Declaration of Independence.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Glad you guys are having a great day. We are having a very quiet 4th here. Give my best to SB.

BostonMaggie said...

Thanks! Have a great 4th and give our best to Dana.