Monday, September 10, 2012

Even When I Try

So I have been having problems with my insurance almost since I went into treatment for the second time in August of 2010.  It's been so ridiculous because dealing with insurance companies is what I did for a living for 16 years.  But in this regard, I have had a black cloud over everything to do with my coverage.

So I gave up and applied to the Commonwealth for help.  And in December I get Medicare. 

I had two last things to resolve.  The refund of my July premium and reimbursement for some prescriptions out of pocket.  This should have been fairly simple, I know all the rules, I mailed/faxed all the correct forms and supporting documentation. I treated it like work - files, notes, copies, the whole 9 yards.

So this morning I resolved to make phone calls and nail this stuff down.  I got up and showered and went right back to my room.  No screwing around on the Internet.  No going down to the first floor and stealing cookies.  (Last night and I made snickerdoodles - yumm.)  Nose to the grindstone.  Phone calls, phone calls, notes, phone calls.  And I did.  I cleaned my room.  Made some personal phone calls

Finally around 4:30 I gave up.  Besides, I was hungry.  So I went down to the 1st floor.

Sitting on the dining room table was a check, resolving one of these matters.

Seriously?  I was just on the phone getting transferred around, repeating my story.  And none of them knew it had been adjudicated.  No one said "Go down and check your mail."

Ok, so tomorrow is another project.  Hopefully, it's a better use of my time.


No comments: