Wednesday, March 23, 2011

#TwitterFightClub

So, some fun on another dismal, bed-ridden day here. I have a sore throat and a headache. But I am on anti-virals and have anti-biotics handy, so Kate my NP says I don't have to make a special trip in. After all, the regular weekly visit is tomorrow. Today is Day #41 post bone marrow transplant, so everyone is pretty calm about it.

But how to fill my time?

Well I did fantasize about the salad I am going to have on Day #50, but that didn't take up much time. What next?

#TWITTERFIGHTCLUB!!!!!!

This is just what I needed. "64 fighters enter, only one leaves"

So far I have endorsed @ChrisAlbon my shipmate from our USS Kearsarge embark. He write ConflictHealth and he more than meets the #TwitterFlightClub criteria -

"key factors that make someone successful on Twitter: knowledge base, logic and reasoning; humor and snark; facility with quips; frequency of tweets; willingness to engage with followers; charisma; and overall awesomeness."

I have also endorsed @Galrahn of Information Dissemination a leading member of the Naval blogosphere He is also the one who christening me as the Goddess of the Naval Blogging Strike Force (& we've been out drinking together).

@SteveSchippert of ThreatsWatch & @NoonanJo who I have followed through the Officers club....to OpFor.....to the Weekly Standard and he's now a speechwriter for House Armed Services Committee (theses two, together with Concrete Bob are responsible for my first and only hangover)

Are you sensing a pattern here? No, seriously they deserve the nods, as do -

@Starbuck_WOI of Wings Over Iraq who rocks with this video #TwitterFight 2, nice fig leaf

@MattGallagher83 of who I almost missed until Sherri pointed him out. He writes Kerplunk.

@Laurenist (blogs here)

Then I got solicited for my endorsement by @DaveedGD of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. I read his web page and tweets and found him worthy of a follow and an endorsement.

No comments: