Thursday, February 18, 2010

EPIIC Starts Tonight

So I'm pretty excited. I didn't get to go last year, I was too ill. I was bummed, I am a big fan.

You can read about Education for Public Inquiry and International Citizenship (EPIIC) here.

The 2010 Symposium is titled -

South Asia: Conflict, Culture, Complexity and Change

Tonight begins with -

Burden of Memory, Quest for Identity, 7:00pm

Ayesha Jalal
Mary Richardson Professor of History and Director of the Center for South Asian and Indian Ocean Studies, Tufts University; Author, Partisans of Allah: Jihad in South Asia

Kris Manjapra
Assistant Professor of History and Fellow of the Center for South Asian and Indian Ocean Studies, Tufts University; Author, M. N. Roy: Marxism and Colonial Cosmopolitanism

Asim Rafiqui
Photographer; Recipient, 2009 Aftermath Grant for “The Idea of India”

Rajini Srikanth
Associate Professor of English, University of Massachusetts, Boston; Author, The World Next Door: South Asian American Literature and the Idea of America

Rafia Zakaria
Director, Amnesty International USA; Director, Muslim Women’s Legal Defense Fund for the Muslim Alliance of Indiana/The Julian Center Shelter
******
Student Presentations Elizabeth Herman (A’10) on “9/11 in South Asian Textbooks” EPIIC Student, 2007-08 “Global Poverty and Inequality” Colloquium
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There will be panels all weekend. I will be blogging at night and twittering during the day. If you are in the neighborhood, you should try to catch one or more panels.

It's definitely outside my comfort zone politically and that's saying a lot for being in Boston. They've made my crazy, but they have never bored me. I am without a doubt the most conservative person in the room at all times, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'l be tweeting from my cell phone, so you have to DM me if you want me. I can only see direct messages on the cell phone.

No comments: