Tuesday, July 21, 2009

From The Very Entertaining Marc Lynch

Marc Lynch at Foreign Policy puts up a fabulous piece on the world of rap. I don't use the word "world" lightly. It's a whole culture. Marc relates everything we use to discuss foreign policy - hegemony, hard power, soft power, strategy to the rap world. It is highly amusing even if you don't like rap music.

Jay-Z vs the Game: Lessons for the American Primacy Debate

I possibly enjoyed it more because I am somewhat familiar with the players. I can still remember when 50 cent's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" album came out. One of Frankie's friends saw it in the car and said "Hey, you have the new 50 Cent?" and Frankie said "No, it's my mother's." LOL

Don't care for rap? It's still a good piece.

If this is how Lynch wastes time.....keep it up!

No comments: