Thursday, June 04, 2009

More Midway

I love this one. It's CDR Bullard (far left) and the two Midway vets cutting the cake flanked by their spouses.
What's a party without cake?
Eleanor Samuels of the Navy League on the right and CDR Bullard on the left. I know the name of the gentleman in the middle, but for the moment it escapes me. I will come back and fix it. Promise! They are getting ready to present flags and accompanying certificates to the Midway vets. The flags were flown over USS Constitution and USS Cassin Young earlier this morning.
CDR Bullard comes out in the comments and saves me -
"That is CDR Armand F. F. Legare, USN(Ret). Radioman Third Class aboard USS MINNEAPOLIS (CG 36) at Midway. What a fine gentleman."
Again these pics are from Mr. Samuels of the Mass Bay Navy League.

1 comment:

CDR Bullard said...

That is CDR Armand F. F. Legare, USN(Ret). Radioman Third Class aboard USS MINNEAPOLIS (CG 36) at Midway. What a fine gentleman.