Thursday, September 20, 2007

Light Blogging

Yesterday's convocation was fabulous and I had a great time with my goddaughter (who is my niece Sherri, so you were right either way). Then I popped into Boston for my geek fix "Paul Revere Lecture Series: "Paul Revere's Ride" Revisited". After that it was off to drive the drunk bus. Jen's boss was so grateful that I was the DD for two of his employees, he bought my dinner!

I wrapped up the evening with a lovely surprise....a call from SB who asked me if I could make a reservation for him on the Mystic River Bridge. Apparently the Red Sox performance of late has made him think about hurling himself off the aforementioned structure. Oh yea of little faith! I told him to quit his bitchin' (that's how you have to handle these SWOs) and tell me something that would make me breathless. He laughed, lowered his voice and obliged.

Today was work, work, work, trying to make up for missing Wednesday and Friday.

I am exhausted now and expect no word from SB as he was invited to do secret things tonight that you don't have clearance for.

So I'm off to bed to get as much sleep as I can before heading off to Brunswick. I am carpooling it with Bob's sister and mother. The downside of that is I can't pop off the beaten track and say "Hey" to AW1 Tim who is up in the wilds of Maine. The good part is I won't be beating my poor 10 year old car which on it's last legs. ($146.00 for two new tires today and it still needs other work in the coming month)

Tomorrow's festivities have a special guest that I am not sure I am supposed to mention, so I will wait until after.

No comments: